bbBear's Spot

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's all about (the way to Amarillo)

2 things that I particularly don't like:
  1. Getting up early
  2. The fact this website won't allow comments

Well i lie. You CAN post comments, but you gotta become a member of this site. I don't expect anyone to sign up to leave for comments, so later i'll edit the page so on the right (no not on the left) to show MSN/AOL/Yahoo! details.

So anywho, I got thinking last night about the music industry here in the UK. Always a pain in my side, looking at the top 5 singles in the UK, i mean I remember a time when getting 5 new songs into the top 5 made the news people. But now? No, it seems to happen on a regular occurance. Not this week, but has happened since and will. Who do you blame? Illegal downloads, the record industry, the media-buying public? Well i like to think all 3, especially the record companies, don't help. I mean, for years they bitch about how illegal downloads ruin the music industry, well this may be true, however, they find a solution in legal downloading (Napster, mycokemusic, iTunes etc) and yet they want to jack up the price of it to capitalise on it. I mean, doesn't this show the record companies for what they really are??

Going back to the chart this week, I spy the mighty McFly (yes i enjoy their pieces of music) and Peter Kay/Tony Christie are numbers 2 & 1 respectively. As its for a good cause, I can't say there doing any bad, and both are good songs. So please, do buy the single(s), don't download the sh*t flying round P2P or BT. i mean it is for Comic Relief, you people spend more on a drink or two in a bar, and whose benefitting, you? The NHS after one too many? No, you see you are helping under-privelaged people who really are in a worse position than you, no matter if you think "He/She won't sleep with me", or "How do i get her to like me when i'm in love with her?" is the only bad thing in your life, and all that bulls*it.

I mean grow up.

bbBear

Music - Matthew Good Band - Fated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home