bbBear's Spot

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Argh dahm you Saturday shoppers!

I do ask what is the dill-e-yo about those Saturday shoppers in food retailing places (i.e. supermarkets) the length and breadth of the land, with their fervered look in their eyes trying to pick up the last cucumber thats placed precariously on the shelf, I mean, why ram poor Bear here right up his arse? Not only do I swear incomprehensibly but then about 10 people miss out on the ridiculously over-priced watery-substance that you call a vegetable. Hmm, maybe it's just been a bad shopping trip today, or maybe, just *maybe* my phone was off and thats when the world and his wife decide to ring I dunno, or the fact that it's not going well on the whole Save The Radio 4 theme petition.

Now I heard on the grapevine somewhere that my boy Kanye was in the news yet again, for portraying himself as Jesus in this month's Rolling Stone magazine. Naturally I shy away from all theological attachments to today's music stars but still, as he quotes, they want him to be great but he can't say himself that he's great? I will defend Kanye till the end, his music means a helluva lot to me (especially Through The Wire), and the unequivical genius that he is suggests that although it may be brash, he has the right to say these things. Hmm, not everyone will agree with that, and i'm not gonna be those types who say "Oh I don't give a f*ck what you say", as welcoming as critical comments are, don't expect me to believe them :)

So as for me? Well i'm ok I guess, stuck between a rock and a hard place never knowing where to be, it's hard when you have a strong tie one place and a neccesary tie in another place. I feel I'm like a GPRS system thats always on and sending/recieving information, I forget a time where I wasn't thinking about something or another, never knowing whether to be here or there, regarding the future and the present, and no amount of inspired thinking myself will help. I guess for the short-term s*it there is, it is just that - short-term and when that will pass then things will change for the better after. Who knows - as you can tell I don't :)

So I leave you today confused I guess, but safe in the knowledge that Chantelle won Celebrity Big Brother, which, er, is great i guess? Oh and good luck to my boys today against Arsenal, live on BBC1 from 4.30. Ta-ta


bbBear

Music - Aaliyah - Try Again

4 Comments:

  • I concur with the suggestion that the radio 4 theme should be saved.

    Oh wait that wasn't what your blog was about ..

    Ok..

    Well save it anyway and shop after seven, hardly anything left, but no queues or anything, straight shop... good old Tescos...

    Although saying that, you should shop at ASDA, 10am every day ASDA FM plays the Radio 4 theme!

    Brilliant or not?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • Ironic that an American company would play a quintessential British piece of music in their stores really eh?

    7am? Whats 7am - i haven't experienced that since my school days... :)


    bbBear

    By Blogger bbBear, at 11:22 AM  

  • Well maybe you should go to sleep later ;oP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 PM  

  • I could do, but that would mess up my circadian rhythm.....

    (excuse me, i just listen intently to R.E.M too much i think...)

    :)


    bbBear

    By Blogger bbBear, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home